|Photo source here|
Dreaming of staying in Bangkok, Thailand for a one month all-expense paid trip then get featured at National Geographic Traveller India? This one is for you. All you need to do is film a ONE MINUTE CLIP that best represent Thailand's tourism: Muay Thai, Thai Dancing, Thai Cooking, Making Thai-style Garlands and Speaking Thai. Very simple right? You don't have to squeeze your brains out because all you need to do is copy the official videos uploaded to the official site at 2015 Discover Thainess Tourism Thailand. Just make sure to be creative and pour all your efforts to nail it.
Dubbed as the "One and Only" contest, when you win this will be a great opportunity for you to discover the wonders of Thailand as one of the prime tourism destinations in Southeast Asian country.
Here is the mechanics and details courtesy of NatGeo Traveller India:
How to participate
1. Register on the official website here.
2. Pick from from one of these five activities under the “Discover Thainess” theme: Muay Thai, traditional Thai dancing, Thai cooking, making Thai-style floral garlands, or speaking Thai. Then film yourself performing the same activity and submit your clip either on the website or upload your videos on Youtube and copy the URL of your clip and post it here.
NOTE: The clip cannot be longer than one minute and you can submit as many clips in each category as you like.
3. Three teams of finalists will be invited to Thailand to participate in a series of Thainess activities between 1-31 July, 2015.
4. When the three teams arrive in Thailand and take part in the activities, their lives will be filmed for online voting on www.tourismthailand.org/discoverthainess. The team that receives the highest number of votes will win grand prizes. Voting will be on from July 1-August 31, 2015.
Apart from winning an all-expenses paid month in Thailand, the three finalists also stand a chance to win holiday packages at luxury hotels in Thailand and authentic, Thai handicrafts. More details here.
And it's not just the participants who win. Voters who register on the Thailand Tourism website can also win holiday packages in Phuket, Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Read more here.
The last day to submit your clips is April 30, 2015.
1. Participants must be in teams of two, of any gender, aged between 20-45 on the first day of application.
2. Social media savvy: Participants must be comfortable using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Wechat or Weibo on a regular basis. Read more here.
Announcement of winners
Winners will be announced on the official Thailand Tourism website on September 7, 2015.